Have you ever wondered who you may have once been? The kind of lives you may have led? Why you feel you have a special bond with someone you have only just met? Why does this period in history or place seem so familiar to you? If you have been asking yourself these questions, you may wish to try exploring your past lives by using this simple self hypnosis guided meditation.
Before you begin, do think careful if you are happy to really discover who you are, we have all done things in the past that would horrify us now, so please be certain that you are ready to face whatever comes up.
Below is a guided meditation script for you to follow, you could either ask a friend to read it out for you, or you could record it yourself to play back when you are ready.
Preparation is most important, so ensure that the room you are using is warm and comfortable, soft lighting is more relaxing, you could also play some meditation style music, as long as it is non vocal. Turn off all mobile/cell phones, and make sure that you won’t be disturbed. At no time will you be so deeply under that you will be unable to “come round” should there be an emergency, your conscious mind is still very much active and watching out for you.
Find somewhere to comfortable to lie down, this could be your bed or couch.
- I want you to concentrate on your breathing, long slow deep breaths, feel your body relax a little more each time you breathe out. Feel your body sinking further into the bed or couch, gentle steady rhythmic breaths. If any thoughts pop into your mind, do not engage them; just allow them to pass by.
- Now I want you look inside your forehead as if you were looking at screen and see the word RELAX. Concentrate on the word, relax, and feel all the muscles in your face loosen and relax, feel all the tension ebbing away.
- Feel this relaxation flowing down your neck and shoulders, all the stress flowing out of you. If you come across any particularly stubborn areas just breathe into the tension and as you breathe out feel the muscles relaxing
- You are feeling beautifully calm and relaxed, now feel this beautiful relaxing feeling flowing down either side of your spine, your chest and stomach, pelvic area, down to your thighs, knees, calves and shins, onto your ankles and feet. Feel all the tension draining from your body and out through your feet. Now move back up to your shoulders and feel it flowing down your arms, wrists and out of your hands.
- Now you are beautifully calm and relaxed, calm and relaxed, and from now on each time your hear the words calm and relaxed you will drift deeper and deeper into this beautiful relaxing feeling. Every time you hear the words calm and relaxed you will drift deeper and deeper.
- I now want you to imagine that you are standing in a beautiful garden, it is warm and sunny with just a hint of a breeze, and you can hear the birds singing, the insects humming and the breeze rustling the leaves all around you. The butterflies dance over the tops of the flowers and you can hear water trickling from a small fountain nearby. You can smell the beautiful scent of freshly cut grass and the delicate perfume of the flowers.
- Take your time walking around this beautiful garden engaging all your senses fully.
- In front of you are some steps leading down to lower level in the garden, I will ask you to walk slowly down these steps in a moment.
- With each step you take you will feel even more calm and relaxed, with each step you take you will feel even more calm and relaxed. As you walk down these steps I will count each one down from 10 – 0
- Now make your way down the steps 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6, getting calmer and calmer, 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 -0.
- You are now in an even more beautiful part of the garden and over to your right is a comfortable reclining garden chair.
- Make your way over to the chair and make yourself comfortable, as you settle, I want you to feel the warmth of the sun on your face, feel yourself drifting deeper and deeper, drifting deeper and deeper.
- This is the most beautiful feeling of relaxation, the most beautiful feeling of relaxation and calmness.
- Now I want you to slowly stand up, knowing that at anytime you can return to this place of safety.
- Walk a little way ahead and you will see a path stretching out before you, on one side you will see a row of trees stretching far out into the distance and on the other side you will see a high wall . Along this wall are many many doors, all different colours and styles. Each door represents a year of your life. Above each door is a number, showing the year.
- Now I want you to make your way along the path, you are now travelling back in time, watch the numbers change as you walk down the path, going further and further back in time. Go past the 90’s, the 80’s etc. onto the year you were born and then go further back.
- Now I want you to look for a door that really stands out to you, that feels significant to you. Take as much time as you need until you feel yourself drawn to a special door, a door that holds a past life.
- Once you have found a door, look above it and see what number it is, what year you are about to enter.
- Now I want you to enter through this door, closing it firmly behind you, but always knowing that it will be there ready for you when it is time to return.
- Take a deep breath, look down and take a look at your feet, describe what you are wearing, slowly work your way up your body taking in each garment you are wearing. Feel yourself in your new body, are you male or female? Are you old or young? Do you feel fit, strong and healthy or do you feel weak, sickly or ill? Just allow these answers to drift up from your subconscious, don’t fight it or question it. What is your name? How old are you?
- Now look around you, are you outside or inside? What can you see going on around you? What is the climate like? Are you alone or is someone with you? What can hear? How do you feel? What are you doing here? What country are you in? If at any time anything you are experiencing becomes too intense for you, feel yourself float up above the situation, watch it as if you were watching a movie from a place of safety.
- Allow these images to fade from your mind and move forward in time to when an important event is happening, something that is relevant for you to know now.
- Who are you with? What is happening? Is the person you are with someone that you know from other lifetimes? Have you reincarnated with this person in previous lifetimes, or in recent ones, including your present one? Just allow the answers to spring up from your subconscious mind. Look deep into their eyes; do they feel like someone you are familiar with? Just allow their name to pop into your mind. How does being with this person make you feel? What is their relationship to you?
- Do they have a special message that is relevant to you now?
- When you feel that you have explored enough, feel yourself withdraw from the situation, turn around and see the door behind you. Open the door and step back onto the path way, closing the door firmly behind you.
- Make your way back up the path in the direction of the chair and the steps. As you walk along the path see all the numbers above the doors counting upwards this time, from the year you are in back up to the present year. Know that the calmness and relaxation you have experienced today will always be there for you, just think of the garden and you will feel peaceful.
- Now it is always important to return the way we have come so I want you to move towards the steps. I will count you back up again. 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 mind and body slowly returning to normal now, 6 – 7 – 8 – 9 – 10 mind and body fully refreshed and returned to normality.
- Open your eyes and allow yourself to come to properly, have a drink of water and if you haven’t recorded your session write as much down of it as you can remember.
Don’t be disheartened if you didn’t experience very much, it is like exercising a muscle, it takes time to learn to relax and be open enough. If you got nothing then it could be because it just isn’t the right time for you to access this kind of information. Leave it a while and try again another time.
I hope you have enjoyed this session, it is just a very basic one, and not as in-depth as one led by a professional therapist, but it may give you a beginning, a starting point that will allow you to explore further. I know it really helped me while I was training. There are also many books and CD’s available with other guided meditations you could also try.